I WENT TO BOB'S FURNITURE STORE TO BUY A BEDROOM SUITE, AND I DID NOT WANT TO HAVE MY CREDIT RUN.INSIDE OF BOB'S IS RAC ACCEPTANCE.

SO THE SALES PERSON FROM BOB'S TOLD ME TO TALK TO THE RAC ACCEPTANCE SALES PERSON. SO WHEN I BEGAN TALKING TO THE RAC ACCEPTANCE SALES PERSON. THEY TOLD ME THAT I DID NOT HAVE TO HAVE MY CREDIT RUN AND THAT THEY COULD HELP ME TO GET THE FURNITURE WITH NO MONEY DOWN. AND WITH EXTRA PAY-MENTS THAT I WOULD HAVE IT PAID IN NO TIME.

SO I LOOKED AT THE CONTRACT AND THE FIGURE THAT I SAW WAS THREE TIME WHAT THE MERCHANDISE WAS WORTH. I STATED THAT I DID NOT WANT TO SIGN BECAUSE I WAS NOT GOING TO PAY THAT PRICE. THE RAC ACCEPTANCE SALES PERSON STATED NO YOU WOULD NEVER PAY THAT PRICE. YOU WOULD HAVE PAID IT OFF BY THEN.

HE SAID JUST PAY A LITTLE EXTRA, BUT NOT UNTIL AT LEAST SEX MONTHS. SO I SIGNED, AND I BEGAN TO PAY A LITTLE EXTRA ON THE SEVENTH MONTH. IN ABOUT THE FIFTH MONTH THEY WOULD NOT EXCEPT THE LITTLE EXTRA. THEY SAID IT HAD TO BE THE EQUIVALENT TO A MONTH PAYMENT.

AND THEY HAS ALSO CHANGED THE NAME TO RAC ACCEPTANCE NOW. WELL MOST CREDITABILITY BUSINESS NOTIFY THEIR CUSTOMERS OF THE NAME CHANGES, AND HONOR THEIR CUSTOMERS CONTRACT. NOT SO WITH RAC ACCEPTANCE, FORMALLY RAC ACCEPTANCE NOW. EACH MONTH WHEN I NOTIFY THE COMPANY THAT I WANTED TO PAY IT OFF EARLY ACCORDING TO MY CONTRACT.

THEY WOULD QUOTE A DIFFERENT PRICE. INSTEAD OF THE PRICE GETTING LOWER, IT GOT HIGHER.I WISH THAT I HAD READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE I SIGNED ON THE DOTTED LINE I WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN THE FURNITURE. I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO STEER CLEAR OF RAC ACCEPTANCE NOW. THEY ARE A BIG RIP OFF.

THEY HAVE NO ETHICAL STANDARDS, THEY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF CUSTOMERS.

THEY NEED TO REFRAIN FROM DOING BUSINESS.THEY LACK MORAL DECENCY.WE NEED JUSTICE FROM RAC ACCEPTANCE NOW!!

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Had an Experience with Acceptance Now?

Comments

Hi, I work with RAC and RAC Acceptance and I’m sorry to hear about the recent experience you’ve had with us.We always want our customers to be well informed of the terms and conditions of their contracts, so what you’ve described is very concerning.

We’d like to speak with you right away to see what we can do to help make things right, so would you please give us a call at 1-800-422-8186 as soon as you can?Thank you.

to Jenny Oxford, Massachusetts, United States #816358

After every negative review, and they're ALL negative, there is this "response" from a RAC employee.I've made the calls, the complaints, and there's NOTHING any of you will agree to do.

It's always the same speech, you'll pay it off in no time, you can pay it off in a few months and not have to worry about the added costs. What they don't tell you is that you are leasing the furniture, not renting to own.

So unless you pay it off in full, in the first month, you will pay more then full price as each month goes by.IT'S RIDICULOUS AND I WILL TELL EVERYONE I KNOW TO NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.