9.4K views

PURCHASING ANYTHING WITH THIS COMPANY IS ONE MISTAKE I WILL NEVER MAKE AGAIN.

PROBLEM 1: ONLY 45% OF PAYMENT GOES TOWARD THE PRINCIPLE, 55% IN THEIR POCKET.

PROBLEM2: I'M A FEW DAYS LATE, WILLINGLY CALL AND SPEAK TO THEM TO LET THEM KNOW WHEN I WILL PAY--- THEY STILL CALL MY PHONE ALL DAY!!!!!!

PROBLEM3: 1 DAY LATE=THEY SEND THE REPO TRUCK KNOCKING....

PROBLEM4: CUSTOMER SERVICE, SPECIFICALLY AT THE RTG NORCROSS GA LOCATION, IS LESS THAN ADEQUATE, NOT TOO SURPRISING AS THEY WORK FOR A SHADY COMPANY.

I ONLY WISH THAT I HAD SEEN THIS SITE BEFORE SIGNING THE DOTTED LINE. I'M GOING TO PAY MY ACCOUNT OFF BECAUSE I WANT THE ITEMS AND DON'T WANT MY CREDIT RUINED- NOT THAT THEM HITTING IT EVERYDAY HELPS.

IF YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT HERE, BE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR CREDIT REPORT.

IF YOU HAVE NOT ESTABLISHED ANY RELATIONSHIP WITH RAC ACCEPTANCE, PLEASE DON'T! IT IS A COMPLETE RIP OFF, IN ADDITION TO ALL OF THE BS COMING FROM THE EMPLOYEES.

Had an Experience with Acceptance Now?

Comments

Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1283267

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1249001

I just went to pay off my Acceptance Now final payment my original purchase was $3,000 I made 12 payments of $285 for a total of $3,420 my payoff final payoff was $2,451 without taxs for a whopping total payment $5,871 for a piece of furniture that cost $3,000 total amount applied to principal was $550 18.5% they kept 81% of my payments I need a lawyer I got screwed

to Anonymous Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1283270

to Anonymous Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1283272

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States #1244965

I'm going through this now, I purchased an iPad for 829.00, made two payments of 176, plus the 106 I had to put down on it which they told me it goes to the first payment.It was all a scam.

I stopped paying after two payments after I noticed that none of my payments were being posted nor were they going towards the product. It was a gift to my mom so I couldn't return it. Long story short not even 90 days later I had acceptance now on my credit report for 6,000!! Mind you the iPad cost 829.00 dollars.

- complete rip off and scam.I've mad a police report and I will be suing

to Anonymous Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States #1246521

In November 2015, I went to Value City with the hopes of purchasing a new living and dining set, I had to throw away my old furniture because it was a bit worn out, my mom was coming to stay at my house after emergency brain surgery, and I needed her to be comfortable.I've always paid in full on the date of purchase in the past, but this time I used the 90 day program through Acceptance Now because I was paying my mom's bills as well as my own at the time, so I thought that would be best.

While making the purchase that evening, the tablet that was used for the sale began malfunctioning, it was getting stuck repeatedly, and the lady that was checking me out said "let's hurry and get through this before the tablet gets stuck again ", she proceeds to just swipe through each screen, and I began taking photos of what was happening.

She offered me a benefits plan that would protect from unexpected issues that may affect my ability to make the monthly payment. Since I had just witnessed my mom barely escape death out of nowhere, I was more than willing to protect myself and purchase the plan.  I asked the woman checking me out these exact words...If for any reason the bill is not paid in full within the 90 days(the end of January 2016), what is the penalty?  She stated these exact words....Your monthly payment  will  increase, I said...so I can pay it off at anytime as long as I pay the increased monthly payment.....and her response was "yes".  None of...

My luck gets even worse, January comes around,  and I suddenly become seriously ill...kidney failure, lung problems, and I was diagnosed with a severe neurological condition that affects my speaking ability.  I contacted Value City and Acceptance Now to inform them of my situation thinking that I could use the benefits plan, they didn't even attempt to use it, the proceeded to call me multiple times daily, my hospital visitors were relaying messages to me because they were being contacted, and  they sent several people to my house.   At this time, I had already lost my job due to illness, and I'm no longer able to work unfortunately, but I wanted to hold up my end of the bargain, so I had my husband take my entire last paycheck and go past the furniture off, but when he got there.....that's when we got a huge surprise.  They added $2000.00 to my pay off amount,  now I know why they didn't mention that on the day if purchase, because no one in their right mind would go for that, and they sell you by stating that they are helping you build your credit.  I told my husband to just pay for the month and don't pay another dime, I would get it  straight after being released from the hospital.

It's been over a year and corporate/management will not respond to me regarding this horrible experience, however, the store employees are calling my mother and I multiple times daily, they called my former employer, they call me and hang up the phone, they send collectors to my house, and they won't except responsibility.  They've added a tremendous amount of stress on top of my health declining rapidly, my husband is the only one working, so we can't afford my medical care, prescriptions, I lost my car, my gas and water was turned off, and we're about to lose our home.  I've had to start a fundraiser for my treatment, but we've only raised $10.These people should be ashamed of themselves, because they put me in this situation, and they don't have the guts to face me.  Please go elsewhere if you are looking for furniture, their stuff is nice, but not nice enough to ruin my life over.

to Anonymous Overland Park, Kansas, United States #1283274

to Anonymous Auburndale, Florida, United States #1291611

Can they physically come and repo a lap top or ipad?

to Anonymous #1295592

Yes and they WILL come to repo it and/or take you to Court.

Richmond, Virginia, United States #1215839