Jacksonville, Florida

My husband and I purchased a couch and bunkbed from American signature furniture, at the time my husband had extremely good credit but was only offered acceptance now 120 days so we went ahead and used them knowing we would pay it off before the 120days. When I would call to make a payment trying to make a double payment I was told by Tracy I was only allowed to make the amount due and was not allowed to make any more than that. When I called on the due date September 7th 2015 at the end of the 120 days I was told my agreement was up the prior month, "Aug 15th" and I owed over twice as much as I had planned one paying they day. I called over and over for the next few days and just began to make monthly payments because the agreement was misplaced. I now have the agreement and now know I was right in the situation and now have given AN almost three times the amount originally owed and still have more to go. I was told by the new assistant manager at the Atlantic Boulevard location that customers making double payments at that location was not the practice of Tracy and she would not take double payments and they missread the date on screen when I called to pay it off.

I have tried to make a deal with this office but it has gone too far. I have called the States Attorneys office and now will make a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I feel I have given enough of my money to this company and hope to God no one else is scammed by them.

I didn't like: False reports, Pissed off lied to false information.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Acceptance Now?

Comments

HELEN COLLOM
Weaverville, California, United States #1315586

I HAVE EXPERIENCED THE SAME PROMBLEM AS MOST OF YOU ALL HAD NO IDEA I WAS SIGNING A RENT TO OWN CONTRACT AFTER REGUESTING MY ORIGANAL CONTRACT FROM ACCEPTANCE NOW AND REVIEWING IT NOTICED MY SIGNATURE HAD BEEN COPY AND PASTED IN DOCUMENTS I HAVE NEVER SEEN

Johnsontl1
Dallas, Texas, United States #1289415

Thank you for sharing...my situation is very similar...I called a few days after my 90-day "early" payoff and was told it was too late. However, the company made no effort to contact me on or near that date as a reminder of the so called "bonus value" offer for doing business with them.

Gisela
Chicago, Illinois, United States #1283261

Sign the petition for BBB against them.I also am a victim and was led on by signing documents.

1487740@park.edu

Please let me know what they tell you at attorney office.I need help also

Oh my God I just purchased a bed and waiting for delivery getting scared

to Anonymous #1147963

Just pay it off on time and don't let them tell you your date is different than it is.

I am still trying to get this corrected.

Hello, I work for Acceptance Now.We'd be more than happy to look into your account and discuss your payment concerns with you.

Would you mind giving our Customer Care team a call at 1-800-422-8186, when you have a free moment?Thank you.