9K views

Went to rooms to go in Mid Feb to purchase a sofa and chair (cash). I ended up paying cash for the sofa and financed the chair through RAC finance on 90 days same as cash because I thought this was a perfect chance to have some on time positive payments on my credit. I wanted to simply pay it off the very next month. However the rep suggested that I make all 3 payments each month because they do not report to the bureaus until that 2nd payment is made.

From there, the rep asked me if I wanted my payments set for the 30th (first payment due on Feb 28) or set them up for the 15th (first payment due on March 15). I said 30th. When I received the paperwork, my payments were set up for the 15th. I asked why and the rep said, “oh I went ahead and set them up for the 15th that way, you will have more time to make your first payment.” I made a payment in March, April and May. Called Acceptance Now today and was just told that I am not paid in full because my 90 days was up on May 9….

According to the person on the phone…. She is the manager, she will not Retro, she will not let me speak to her manager and she will not give me the corp phone number. I’m a tad bit upset and taken advantage of right now because I feel like the rep completely got over on me. If she knew that I want 90 days same as cash and I kept stressing that, why would she set my payments up in a way that I will have to pay back interest. I also think that it was extra foul for her to insist that I set them up that way. Maybe she will get to pocket the back interest or perhaps she doesn’t earn credit with no interest accounts… IDK, but it is quite shady.

You would think that they would have the customer’s best interest at heart and treat them right. That’s the best way to get a repeat customer. I mean, had I been the rep, I’d say, “well mam in order for you to get the 90 days same as cash, you should not use the 15th because your 90 is up on May 9”

I thought the 90 days same as cash was a great deal and I was prepared to purchase a mattress and dresser for my three year old through them after the chair was paid for. Looks like using them is a bad idea and I should stay away.

I’m currently awaiting a call back from a district Manager. Hopefully they understand my frustration and help. I really wish my whole contract process would have been recorded.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to "retro". ohnana0716 is overall dissatisfied with Acceptance Now. The most disappointing about acceptance now manager at Acceptance Now was mislead, payment arrangements and due dates , but reviewer liked rooms to go salesman. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Acceptance Now.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Acceptance Now to other companies on our site.

Comments

Horrible experience...I typically float my money for 90 days, I was not told I had to purchase the insurance, and then charged an additional 12.00 per month for some "club" that is mandatory to protect their interest. I asked for it to be removed and they couldn't remove it, so an extra 22.00 on top of payment.

Additionally the couch I purchased was defective prior to the first payment. I was told it was not like that when delivered, and some guy named Juan would fix it.

I have been with a defective couch for 3 weeks and have had it for 4 weeks. Lets file suit, I am a Paralegal.

Thanks for these reviews. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

I’m sorry this happened to you. I was actually told by the Acceptance Now employee that if you pay the “lease” off in 90 days their company does not make any money.

In my case they will walk away with $4000 profit if I don’t pay within the 90 days. I’m going to pay off the rest of my loan today l( I’m still within the 90 days).

They refused to take more than 4 payments Friday. Only this time I’m involving the media.

How hard is it to count 90 days?

if you want to know when your 90 days ends grab a calander and count 90 days from the day you sign paperwork. Also read your contract for the day it ends. It is your responsibility to make sure you meet it.

Yes I call for make my first 3 month deal is suppose $330.00 and the rep tell me she can't accept the $330.0o I thinks is a trick for not compliance with the 3 month pay full.

Hollywood, Florida, United States #1338160

Is there a way we can file a class action lawsuit against this company? They are straight scammers and it's time for something to be done....overly pissed!!!

to Anonymous #1384440

Oh yes. Another crying, whining deadbeat who just can't stand the consequences they brought upon themselves by not paying on time! Wailing about a class action lawsuit is always a dead giveaway of the low class of habitual deadbeats you're dealing with!

to Anonymous #1391347

Maybe you are not understanding or maybe you work for Acceptance Now. These are not deadbeats.

These are people that were given wrong information by Acceptance Now on the payoff dates and /or their payments were refused right up to the 90 day payoff deadline. They are already upset , how about saving the insults and not adding to their injury? Just because it’s not you this time doesn’t mean it won’t be you or someone close to you next time.

There obviously is an issue with the company, and this will be public information soon. So glad you don’t have to worry about picking sides.

to Nursepampam #1462745

I was told 280 a month went to make a payment and was told almost 400, they can come and take wrong *** back even. we paid for a power base with message and wave all we got is raise the head and feet .

to Anonymous #1387884

It is terrible .I wanted to pay off yesterday after already making a payment when sbe told me my balance would be a 120 dollars mkre and sbe said you cant make anotber payment today to pay it off because your payment was already made.They are horrible .So my cousin is an sttorney and he is on it .

lateshiabutler74_79
to Anonymous #1435086

I really would like to file a class action lawsuit against them.

Birmingham, Alabama, United States #1274235

ACCEPTANCE NOW IS THE WORST PLACE TO DO BUSINESS WITH! THEY ARE TOTAL RIPOFFS!

INSURANCE PLAN IF LAID OFF IS A TOTAL LIE!!! THEY STEAL YOUR PAYMENTS! THEY FORGE RECEIPTS! THEIR CORPORATE OFFICE AND DISTRICT MANAGERS ARE CROOKS!

NEVER USE THEM TO FINANCE YOUR FURNITURE! 90 DAYS SAME AS CASH IS TOTAL BULL!

Accokeek, Maryland, United States #1271497

So I got a 2 bed set a chair set and a table......I recently call them to take them Furniture back because it's not worth it my question is does anyone know if it will affect my credit?

to Anonymous #1460057

Bridgeport, West Virginia, United States #1250318

I was screwed with the 90 days same as cash thing too. We played off before the 90 days was up thinking we were going to get money back or something but NOT.

I forget how much we paid extra but we paid rental fees and interest for the 90 day period. I thought 90 days same as cash meant it would be the same price as it would have been if I had paid for it upfront.

to Anonymous #1384442

In other words, YOU failed to meet the terms of the offer but that's all THEIR fault, right? Another high quality winner here!!!

to Anonymous #1510065

It seems as if Anonymous works for Acceptance Now. And what a shame to represent your company with such an uncouth attitude.

to Anonymous #1545185

Yes, it seems as though Anonymous does work for Acceptance Now.... I mean who else would come to this site and try to degrade customers with legit complaints.

This is a review board (so who’s the real high quality winner).

If and only IF you are an employee; If YOU would put as much effort into your customer service as YOU put into trying to make customers feel like idiots YOU might have something. Thanks for all the reviews and heads up from the REAL HIGH QUALITY WINNERs because you have prevented me from becoming another pissed customer...

Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States #1112623

Update: my issue was never resolved. I ended up paying these folks off early when they started demanding double payments when I wanted to pay 2-3 days late.

I'd always refuse. Ur not gonna make me pay a payment thats not due yet.

Id also monitor my credit to be sure they don't report me as more than 30 days late. A lot of money spent, but it boosted my credit score significantly which is exactly what I wanted.